Culinary and Food Service Careers
Permanent and temporary opportunities available for:
- Cafeteria/Counter Person
- Catering Associate
- Dietary Aide
- Dining Associates
- Food Service Workers
- Hospitality Services Representative
- Management opportunities
- and more!
As New York State's largest employer and healthcare provider, and a 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, you can join a team of dedicated heroes and highly respected team members providing care to your neighborhoods and communities. Opportunities are available across Long Island, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, and Westchester.
For many hospitals, the food experience can be an afterthought. For Michelin Star, award-winning chef, Bruno Tison, it’s all he thinks about. As Northwell Health’s VP of System Food Services and Corporate Chef, Chef Tison and our Chefs are leading us in reimagining every aspect of food preparation and delivery – from reengineering our kitchens, offering in-room dining and sourcing the highest quality local foods. Our Culinary team’s ultimate goal is to deliver quality healthy food to patients, families and staff.
Take a look at some of the many ingredients that go into this integrated approach.
- Hospital Gardens – With gardens across our system, we generate a harvest of hundreds of pounds of fresh herbs and vegetables each season.
- In Room Dining – Designing a hospitality-focused model to give patients greater control over what they eat (within prescribed diet order) and when they eat it.
- Food Sourcing – We craft our recipes with the finest, freshest, artisanal, non-frozen, non-GMO ingredients.
- Teaching kitchens – We’ve introduced over 153 teaching kitchens to share Northwell Healthy Choice recipes, basic culinary skills, and nutrition education with team members, patients and visitors.